Alessandro Marrone is Head of IAI Defence Programme. He has been working at IAI since 2007, and currently manages research projects and publications related to European and transatlantic security as well as to Italy’s defence policy. He is also professor at the Istituto Superiore di Stato Maggiore Interforze (ISSMI) of the Italian Ministry of Defence and has been teaching for four years at the University of Perugia.
He holds a PhD in History of Europe from the La Sapienza University of Rome and a Master of Science (MSc) in International Relations at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Previously he got a Bachelor degree in Political Science and MSc in International Relations from the LUISS Guido Carli.
He is a member of the Editorial Board of IAI web-magazine AffarInternazionali and collaborates as with several Italian magazines including Airpress, Aspenia, Eastwest, Formiche, Huffington Post, Rivista Italiana Difesa and Rivista marittima.
He is interested in European defence, NATO, Italian defence and foreign policy, armed forces and military procurement, defence industry and market, security in the Mediterranean region.
- 29/05/2019 - press Politico - Marrone: France and Italy need a fresh start
- 24/07/2018 - press About Energy - Marrone: A Summit focused on trade policy
- 15/07/2018 - press Aspenia online - Marrone: Trump's NATO summit: when drama overcomes substance
- 13/07/2018 - press Agenzia Sir - Marrone: Nato summit, “supporting the European Union in patrolling the Mediterranean Sea”
- 06/07/2018 - press Defense News - Marrone: Leonardo warns UK, EU of pitfalls of a ‘hard’ Brexit
- 07/06/2018 - press Defense News - Marrone, Darnis: Russian ‘advocates’. Italy’s new government unnerves Western allies
- 16/04/2018 - press Aspenia online - Marrone: The reasons behind nuclear weapons' revival
- 06/11/2017 - press EU Forum - Marrone: Italy, a steady supporter of European defence
- 27/05/2017 - press Aspenia online - Marrone: NATO Trump summit: modest decisions, unclear symbols
- 27/05/2017 - press Aspenia online - Marrone: The NATO Summit: modest decisions and ambiguous signals
- 21/04/2017 - press Defence News - Marrone: Trump Victory Forces Europe's Hand on Russia Policy
- 09/11/2016 - press Defence News - Marrone: Trump Victory Forces Europe's Hand on Russia Policy