Head of the Programme: Alessia Chiriatti
IAI's Training Programme contributes to education and training on political and institutional issues of international relevance, to form a civil society capable of interpreting the challenges and opportunities coming from the world, and to develop critical approach and soft skills.
Operative skills and interdisciplinary competences are fundamental for understanding and playing an active role in the current global (and globalized) world. Only people with adequate training can compete in a continuously changing international scenario and take the right decisions.
In 2018, IAI started an educational programme focusing on the most important issues and problems shaping the national and international political debate today. The main goal of the programme is to build up civil society so it can understand and analyze the main challenges and opportunities correctly, with an open approach going beyond existing prejudices and stereotypes.
The main activities of the educational programme are:
- Tailor-made training programs on specific issues and topics;
- Events and campaigns on the most important problems concerning international education;
- Research on educational networks in Italy, Europe and the world.
The targets of IAI's educational programs are:
- Professionals and working adults who want to expand and update their knowledge;
- University students and graduates interested in a specialization;
- Highschool students who want to engage in a process of professionalization and academic orientation;
- Companies and corporations requesting ad hoc programs for their management.
The following training courses are planned for the first half of 2022:
- Specialization course in Open source intelligence (16-24 March)
- Euro-Mediterranean Analyst training course (29 March-1 April)
- Course Introduction to foresight and forecasting techniques (4-21 April)
- Postgraduate course in The Middle East and the Gulf countries (3-5 May)
- Postgraduate course on the Geopolitics of Energy Transition (13-16 June; deadline: 6 June)
- Course in International CSR and Advocacy (20-24 June; deadline: 13 June)
- Summer School Humanitarian Crises and Conflicts (27 June-1 July; deadline: 20 June)
- Course on International Terrorism and Religious Extremism (26-30 September; deadline: 19 September)
As of this year, it is possible to obtain two Advanced Certificates. Designed for university students, undergraduates, graduates and professionals, the Certificates offer the possibility: to deepen transversal themes and contents related to international politics, scenario analysis and predictive analysis, together with structured analysis methodologies; to know the tools of the open-source intelligence world; to apply such knowledge to area studies; to produce texts, papers and specialized reports with a technical language. The analyst will thus be able to elaborate geopolitical scenarios and know how to interpret them, to identify future trends and new challenges in the international panorama.
In particular, the Advanced Certificate in “International Policy Analyst” is awarded to those who enroll in the courses on Open Source Intelligence, Foresight and Forecasting, plus a course chosen from “The Middle East and the Gulf Countries” and “Euro-Mediterranean Analyst”.
The Advanced Certificate in “Management of International Crisis” is issued to those who enroll in the courses on “Corporate Social Responsibility and International Advocacy” and “Summer School Humanitarian Crisis and Conflicts”.
Moreover, each participant who enrolls in more than one IAI training course during the same year can benefit from a 10% discount starting from the attendance of the second course.
Scholarships covering the full costs of the training courses are again available, thanks to the support of the Compagnia San Paolo Foundation. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of income and merit. For application procedures, please consult the notices for each course run by the Institute.
Also for this semester, Open Days will be organized: virtual meetings where those interested in learning more about the Institute's training courses or in being guided in their choice of course had the opportunity to explore the various types of courses offered, discuss the topics at the heart of the programme and the applicability of the soft skills developed within them.
email : edu(at)iai.it