The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome (Italy), is seeking to hire a Researcher responsible for research, reporting and outreach on international politics and security, with a special focus on the foreign & security policy of the EU and its member states. Expertise on EU integration and the domestic politics of member states, as well as the foreign policy of international players such as the US, China and Russia (among others), will be of particular value.
His/her tasks will include:
- Supporting the coordination of international research teams and projects;
- Identifying fundraising opportunities, expanding the research agenda and developing the network of IAI’s Global Actors Programme;
- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds;
- Editing papers for publication;
- Organising seminars and conferences, and writing reports based on these events;
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures;
- Speaking to media outlets concerning topics in his/her expertise
- Updating IAI’s website regarding the projects on which the researcher will work-
Qualifications/The ideal candidate should have:
- A Ph.D. or be a PhD candidate with at least three years of professional experience in research; or have at least five years of professional experience in research;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Italian;
- Familiarity and experience with both academic literature and policy debates on European foreign & security policy;
- Familiarity with grant-making initiatives funded by the EU and other public and private entities (e.g. Horizon Europe, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a term contract lasting one year, starting from 1st March 2021.
Please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references to placement(at)iai.it (Rif: Joint-2021). No phone calls, please.
Applications are due by 22 January 2021
Interviews will be tentatively held in Rome – or via electronic means if travel restrictions still apply – in the week 1 to 5 February 2021.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.