EU-Korea Security Relations
This book provides an original examination of current European Union (EU)–Republic of Korea (ROK) security relations. It brings together analysis and original material on relations in the fields of Nuclear non-proliferation and disarmament, Cybersecurity and data-protection, Space policy and technology, and Preventive diplomacy and crisis management. These represent areas of particular interest to examine the extent to which the EU and ROK are able to successfully or otherwise cooperate. Relations between the EU and the ROK have been growing in quantity and quality over recent years. Alongside the economic dimension, the political and security elements of the relationship have shown promise for further collaboration between the two sides, not least within the context of North Korea’s nuclear threat and East Asia’s wider evolving security environment. All contributors are leading experts in their respective fields and each chapter is co-authored by a European and Korean expert for a balanced assessment.
Outcome of the project “Boosting EU-Korea Security Relations in an Age of Turbulence”.
Introduction, Nicola Casarini
1. EU-Korea Relations in the Context of EU Security Policy in East Asia / Nicola Casarini
2. Nuclear Nonproliferation and Disarmament on the Korean Peninsula: Perspectives of EU and South Korea / Ramon Pacheco Pardo and Jina Kim
3. EU-ROK Cooperation on Cybersecurity and Data Protection / George Christou and Ji Soo Lee
4. Space Policy and Space Technology: Prospects for EU-Korea Cooperation / Isabelle Sourbès-Verger and Yungjin Jung
5. Preventive Diplomacy and Crisis Management in EU-Korea Security Relations / Hae-Won Jun and Michael Reiterer
EU-Korea Security Relationsleggi tutto
Boosting EU-Korea Security Relations in an Age of Turbulenceleggi tutto