Nicolò Sartori - Senior Fellow and Head of the Energy, Climate & Resources Programme at the Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI) - has a ten-year experience in the field of research. Specialized on energy and climate security analysis, he works also on the evolution of national, European and global policies in the energy, climate and sustainable development domain. Nicolò is is Adjunct Professor in “Natural Resources and Energy Security" at the Master in International Security Studies (MISS) of the University of Trento and Professional Fellow at the World Energy Council (WEC). He is also regular contributor to the international magazine WE World Energy/About Energy, and IAI representative within the Italian Alliance for Sustainable Development (ASviS), where he coordinates the Institute’s contribution to the assessment of Italy’s implementation of the SDGs. Prior to joining IAI, he served as Faculty Advisor at the NATO Defense College in Rome, where he also conducted research on NATO’s role as energy security provider in the Caspian region.
He holds a BA in International and Diplomatic Studies from the School Roberto Ruffilli in Forlì and an MA in International Relations from the University of Bologna, and a specialization course in “Analysis and Management of Energy and Environmental Policy” from the Harvard Environmental Economics Program (HEEP) at Harvard University. Nicolò gives lectures on international and European energy, climate and sustainable development policies to different academic institutions, including Sciences Po’s Master in International Energy, and at the LUISS Guido Carli's Masters in International Security.
From Findings to Market: Perspectives and Challenges for the Development of Gas Resources in the East Med
- 04/09/2019 - press About Energy - Sartori: New energy for Africa?
- 28/05/2019 - press About Energy - Sartori: Philippine elections, a quasi-plebiscite for Duterte
- 08/11/2018 - press About Energy - Sartori: Midterm elections. Crippled Trump
- 24/08/2018 - press About Energy - Sartori: Partial agreement on the Caspian Sea
- 04/10/2017 - video FEUTURE Paper in 60 Seconds - Sartori: The Moscow-Ankara Energy Axis and the Future of EU-Turkey Relations
- 16/07/2014 - press Bloomberg - Sartori: Eni’s ‘Italian Thatcher’ May Face Down Unions to Shut Plants