Nicola Casarini (PhD, LSE) is Senior Fellow at the Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI) and Visiting Professor at the Graduate Institute in Geneva. He is a non-resident Global Fellow at the Wilson Center in Washington DC. Prior to this, he held positions at the Wilson Center in Washington DC, at the EU Institute for Security Studies in Paris; at Bocconi University in Milan; at the European University Institute in Florence; and at the London School of Economics (LSE).
His research interests focus on the interplay between foreign policy, security studies and regional integration. He has published widely on: EU-China and EU-East Asia relations; Chinese foreign policy; East Asia's security; and transatlantic relations. He is the author of the monograph: Remaking Global Order. The Evolution of Europe-China Relations and its Implications for East Asia and the United States (Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2009); editor of the volume: Brussels-Beijing: changing the game? (Paris, EUISS, 2013) and co-editor of the volume: European Foreign Policy in an Evolving International System. The Road towards Convergence (Basingstoke and New York, Palgrave MacMillan, 2007). He is currently working on a book comparing US and EU approaches to the Asia-Pacific.
His work has appeared - through op-eds, interviews and citations - in (among the others): TIME Magazine, Foreign Affairs, The National Interest, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Euronews, Xinhua, Project Syndicate, The Diplomat, Asia Times, China Daily, The Japan Times, The Korea Herald, Taipei Times, The Straits Times, South China Morning Post, Le Monde, Deutsche Welle, Il Sole 24 Ore.
Nicola is the founder and director of Orientedworld.com, a global consultancy platform.
Maritime Security and Freedom of Navigation from the South China Sea and Indian Ocean to the Mediterranean
- 13/08/2015 - press World Review - Casarini: Bid for South China Sea control puts China at odds with neighbours
- 13/08/2015 - press China Daily European Edition - Casarini: Experts stress importance of Abe apology
- 29/06/2015 - press World Review - Casarini: China's military challenges in the face of a slowing economy
- 29/06/2015 - press Deutsche Welle - Casarini: Beijing aims to strengthen relations with Europe and drive a wedge between the transatlantic allies
- 25/06/2015 - press Deutsche Welle - Casarini: The EU is trying to gain admission to the East Asia Summit
- 02/06/2015 - press Deutsche Welle - Casarini: Beijing will become a serious competitor to German core industries
- 21/05/2015 - press World Review - Casarini: All change in Taiwan politics as DPP sweeps board
- 04/05/2015 - press Il Sole 24 Ore - Casarini: China’s investments in Europe
- 16/04/2015 - press The Japan Times - Casarini: G-7 needs to find ways to cooperate with China
- 03/04/2015 - press China Daily European Edition - Casarini: AIIB would be a major success for China
- 18/03/2015 - press Deutsche Welle - Casarini: AIIB could become a rival to the World Bank
- ‹ previous
- 3 of 3