Organizational Factors of Youth Exclusion and Inclusion in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
The paper deals with youth collective agency in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT). After describing the structural context constraining young women’s and men’s mobilization in the OPT, the paper moves on to investigate how youth organizations and movements contextualize “youth exclusion” and to assess if youth organizations are able to influence the mainstream political discourse and policies of the government institutions.
2. Structural Context in Which Youth Organizations Act
3. The Challenges of Mapping Youth Related Organizations in Palestine
4. Perceptions of Palestinian Youth Organizations and Movements on the Exclusion of Young Women and Young Men
5. The Transformative Impact of Organized Youth in Palestinian Society
6. Palestinian Youth in Relation to Regional Developments
7. Summarizing Comments and the Prospects for Youth-led Change in Palestine