Giancarlo La Rocca
Giancarlo La Rocca is a Junior Researcher in IAI’s Defence and Security programmes, with a specialisation in the space field. Formerly, Giancarlo was a Resident Fellow at the European Space Policy Institute (ESPI) in Vienna, seconded by the Italian Space Agency, and worked as an international trainee at the European Space Agency, as part of the Member States Relations and Partnerships Office. Giancarlo holds a Master of Arts in International Studies from the Roma Tre University and a Post-Graduate Master in Space Policies and Institutions from Società Italiana per l’Organizzazione Internazionale (SIOI).
His publications include:
● (with Ewan Wright, Clémence Poirier, Giulia Bordacchini), “In-Orbit Services. Policy and Business Perspectives”, in ESPI Reports, No. 76 (December 2020)
● (with Sebastien Moranta, Jules Varma, Annalisa Donati, Fabio Alba), “Space Venture Europe 2019. Entrepreneurship and Private Investment in the European Space Sector”, in ESPI Reports, No. 73 (July 2020)
● “COVID-19 and the European Space Sector”, in ESPI Special Reports, July 2020
● (with Anna Caterino, Armando Luciano, Giancarlo Melicchio), “Il ritorno alla Luna: quale modello per gli aspetti giuridici?”, in Società Italiana per l’Organizzazione Internazionale, Il ritorno alla Luna: prospettive, collaborazioni e piani di sviluppo, Napoli, Editoriale scientifica, 2020, p. 69-127 (Quaderni de “La Comunità Internazionale” ; 17)
● (with Sebastien Moranta, Annalisa Donati, Sara Hadley, Mathieu Bataille, Jules Varma, Fabio Alba), ESPI Yearbook 2019. Space Policies, Issues and Trends, Vienna, ESPI, May 2020