Editorial internship (tirocinio curricolare)
The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome (Italy), is looking for an Intern to support the editorial team of The International Spectator. Her/his tasks will include:
- The internship is open to Bachelor’s and Master's degree students, especially in the fields of international relations, political science and media studies, who must complete a tirocinio curricolare (unpaid internship) as part of their curriculum
- Candidates must be based at a university that has a “convenzione” (Internship agreement) with the Istituto Affari Internazionali
- Candidates must have excellent (C2 CEFR level) English writing and communication skills; Fluency or proficiency in Italian is a plus
- An interest in international and current affairs is required
- Familiarity with social media and online communication is a plus
- Helping develop a communication strategy for the journal
- Helping manage the blog for the journal
- Drafting tweets and other content to be disseminated via the journal’s social media
- Proofreading articles, newsletters and other journal-related content
- Supporting the journal’s editors in managing The International Spectator
The internship consists of 150 hours of work, to be completed between May and July 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the intern will work remotely, liaising with the journal’s editorial team via Zoom or other videoconferencing applications as appropriate.
Deadline and application material
Please email cover letter and resume to: tis(at)iai.it (Re: TIS-Internship-2021).
Applications are due by March 28th, 2021, h.23:59 (CET).
No phone calls, please.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a proofreading test and a Skype interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.