The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI) is looking for a Rome-based Editor for its publications and communiqués, who would also be the Managing Editor of its most prominent publication, The International Spectator, Italy’s foremost journal of international affairs, published by Routledge (Taylor & Francis, UK).
Main responsibilities in the position include:
- Editing publications of all kinds for the IAI and, as required, for the journal
- Supervision of material to be published
- Planning and managing all aspects of the journal in cooperation with the Editor, and together with the small editorial team
- Keeping up the journal’s contacts with the publishing company
- Evaluating all submissions to the journal upon arrival
- Overseeing the journal’s double-blind peer review procedure
- Controlling schedules for the journal and enforcing deadlines
- Training and supervising new personnel and interns for the journal
- Keeping up contacts for the journal and coordinating meetings with the Editorial and International Advisory Boards.
- Native English speaker
- At least 4 years’ experience in editing
- Interest in international affairs
- Analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Attention to detail
- Reliability and efficiency
The successful candidate will be offered a renewable contract lasting four months, starting from September 1st, 2019.
Please email cover letter and resume to placement(at)iai.it (Rif: Editor-2019). No phone calls, please.
Applications are due by 16 June 2019, h. 20:00 (CET)
The selected candidates will be convened for an interview that will take place in Rome at IAI in June. Exceptionally, talks via Skype will also be possible.