The Istituto Affari Internazionali, on behalf of the EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Consortium, is organizing a “Next Generation Workshop” open to 12 young researchers and professionals working in the Arms Control, Non-Proliferation and Disarmament field.
The workshop will be held in Brussels on 12 December 2019, back-to-back with the 2019 EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament (EUNPD) Conference to be held on 13-14 December 2019. The selected candidates will be given the opportunity to also participate in the EUNPD Conference.
The Next Generation workshop will comprise four sessions on the following areas/topics:
- Non-Proliferation and Arms Control in the Middle East
- Non-Proliferation and Arms Control in Asia
- Illicit Trade of Conventional Arms, including SALW
- Emerging Technologies, including cyber security.
Selected participants will deliver a presentation offering their views on the topics under discussion, which will be followed by comments from other participants, including EU officials. Members of the Consortium will chair the sessions.
The call is directed at junior diplomats, M.A. students, PhD students, post-docs, and young professionals working in research centres and think tanks with proven experience in arms control, non-proliferation and disarmament. Candidates can be from both the EU or non-EU countries. Age limit: 36 years old by the end of 2019. Costs related to participation (flights and accommodation) will be covered by the organisers.
- Résumé or CV
- Cover letter detailing the applicant’s motivations for taking part in the exercise and specifying the chosen topic from the list above
- 300/350 word abstract of presentation
- Letter of Reference
Applicants must submit their candidacy by July 10th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidates will be contacted by July 31st, 2019