Job opportunity – Researcher on non-proliferation and disarmament
- Position: Researcher
- Type of contract: term contract
- Duration: March – December 2022, with the possibility of renewal
- Site: Rome, IAI, Via dei Montecatini, 17
- Deadline: 25 January 2022
The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is hiring a Researcher for activities related in particular to non-proliferation and disarmament issues.
The activities will include:
- research activities including the drafting of papers and reports
- coordination with European and extra-European partners and promotion of international networks
- support for the planning and organization of events in European and extra-European locations, including operational activities
- updating of databases, newsletters and websites.
The researcher will perform these tasks mainly - but not exclusively – in the framework of the "Multilateralism and Global Governance" programme and related projects.
- date of birth: not prior to 1 January 1986
- Master Degree in one o more of the following academic areas: political science, economics, international and diplomatic relations, diplomatic studies, law or other relevant specializations
- at least three years of work or study experience in international projects, including the organization of seminars and conferences
- excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- strong synthesis and writing skills
- good knowledge of the MS Office package
- organizational skills
- ability to hand in deliverables on time
- ability to work in a team
A good working knowledge of the Italian language would be an asset
What we are offering
The successful candidate will be offered a term contract lasting from 1 March to December 31st, 2022, with possibility of renewal. The remuneration foreseen for the above-mentioned contract is € 1,800.00 gross per month.
Applications must be submitted by 25 January 2022, 23:59 (CET) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email object: last name – Rif. EUNPD-2022, attaching the following documents in a pdf format:
- curriculum vitae with authorization to process personal data in relation to the GDPR 2016/679
- list of publications, of which at least one available full-text
- short motivational letter
- two reference letters from a teacher or employer consistent with the candidate's academic and / or professional skills
- any additional qualifications (eg: PhD - obtained or in progress) or relevant work experience
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview which will take place from February 1st onwards, in Rome at IAI headquarters, or online (Skype or other platforms).
No phone calls, please.
No communication will be sent to non-selected candidates, whom we thank in advance for their interest.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.