The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome (Italy), is seeking to hire a Researcher responsible for research, reporting and outreach on European affairs, with a particular focus on Asia.
His/her tasks will include:
- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds
- Supervision of material to be published
- Organizing seminars and conferences, and writing reports based on these events
- Coordinating international research teams and projects
- Participation in the drafting and management of national and European research projects
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures
- Fundraising and networking activities aimed at developing the economic programme / studies
- Management of external communication on projects for which s/he is responsible
Qualifications/The ideal candidate should have:
- Have a Ph.D. or have at least four years of professional experience in research at national and / or international research institutions, governmental institutions, international organizations, NGOs
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; Fluency or proficiency in Italian; knowledge of Mandarin Chinese would be an asset
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic literature and policy debate on international, and specifically economic, issues
- Have a network of contacts in academia (Italian and international), private sector (Italian), medium (Italian), government (Italian) and institutions (Italian and EU) will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with standard software (MS Office).
Specializations of interest:
- China and Chinese foreign policy
- Italy-China relations
- Europe-China relations
- Asia geopolitics.
- Availability both to research activities and to operational work
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Aptitude for communication
- Availability to travel
The successful candidate will be offered a contract lasting from September 1st to December 31st, 2021, with renewal for 2022.
Please email cover letter, resume with a full list of publications, writing sample, and two references to: placement(at)iai.it (Re: Asia-2021).
Applications are due by 30 June 2021, h.23:59 (CET).
No phone calls, please.
The selected candidates will be convened for an interview that will take place in Rome at IAI. Talks via Zoom will also be possible.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.