Job alert - Energy, climate, resources 2020
The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is hiring a Senior Researcher/Director responsible for the Energy, climate and resources Programme.
His/her tasks will include:
- Drafting and managing of national and European research projects
- Fundraising and networking activities aimed at developing the programme
- Coordinating researchers and staff assigned to the programme
- Research and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds
- Supervision of material for publication
- Organizing seminars and conferences
- Attending and presenting at conferences, briefings and lectures
- Supervision of and coordination with the communication team on external communication about projects for which s/he is responsible
- Serving as a full-time senior researcher, sitting on IAI's committees or working groups, attending inhouse meetings, participating in the admission process to the Program for researchers and interns and in cross-cutting activities as needed.
Qualifications/The ideal candidate should have:
- A a Ph.D. or at least six years of professional experience in research at national and / or international research institutions, governmental institutions, international organizations, NGOs
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; Fluency or proficiency in Italian
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic and policy debate on international, and specifically economic, issues
- A a network of contacts in academia (Italian and international), the private sector (Italian), the media (Italian), government (Italian) and institutions (Italian and EU) will be considered an asset.
Specializations of interest:
- economic/industrial and political/strategic issues related to the energy, climate and environment sectors
- sustainable development policies.
- Available for both research activities and operational work
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Aptitude for communication
- Willing to travel
The successful candidate will be offered a contract lasting from February 3rd, 2020 to December 31st, 2020. The contract may be renewed.
Please email cover letter, resume with a full list of publications, writing sample, and two references to: placement(at)iai.it (Re: ECR-2020).
Applications are due by January 7th, 2020, h.23:59 (CET).
No phone calls, please.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview that will take place in Rome at IAI. Exceptionally, Skype interviews will also be possible.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.
Environmental Justice and Just Transition in the EU’s Sustainability Policies in Third Countries: The Case of Colombialeggi tutto