The Common Security and Defence Policy and the Issue of Democratic Accountability: what Role for the European Parliament?
Versione rivista e aggiornata di "The Democratic Accountability of the CSDP and the Role of the European Parliament", pubblicato in Ettore Greco, Nicoletta Pirozzi and Stefano Silvestri (eds.), EU Crisis Management: Institutions and Capabilities in the Making, Roma, Istituto affari internazionali, novembre 2010, p. 79-99 (IAI Quaderni English series ; 19)
1. Democratic legitimacy and accountability in CSDP: what they are and why bother about them
2. The role of national parliaments in the control of the Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP)
3. The role of the European Parliament
4. Democratic accountability of the CSDP and the negotiations on the European External Action Service: an increased role for the EP
5. The role of interparliamentary cooperation
6. Concluding remarks and policy recommendations