Report on dual-use technologies
This report sheds light on how dual-use technologies can contribute to EU efforts in civilian conflict prevention and peacebuilding. This research performs an empirical analysis of the selected dual-use technologies owned by EU Member States, namely satellites and Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS). By examining the use of these technologies in the context of CSDP missions and operations, the study aims to provide an assessment of their possible use in current and future EU conflict prevention and peacebuilding missions.
Dati bibliograficiEU-CIVCAP Deliverable 2.4, 30 gennaio 2018, 52 p.
List of acronyms
2. Defining dual-use technologies in conflict prevention and peacebuilding
2.1 The EU’s approach to dual-use: between control and research
3. Dual-use technologies in conflict prevention and peacebuilding
4. Satellites – preliminary considerations
4.1 European satellite cooperation
5. RPAS - preliminary considerations
5.1 EU RPAS cooperation
6. The potential of satellites and RPAS to support EU conflict prevention and peacebuilding
Annexes - Satellite Imagery Usage Matrix and RPAS CSDP Missions Matrix