Cultural Diversity and International Economic Integration. The Global Governance of the Audio-Visual Sector
This book aims to improve the understanding of the relationship between cultural diversity and international economic integration and its implications for global governance of the audio-visual sector. The national audio-visual policies of a number of countries – including Canada, Egypt, France, Germany, Italy, India and the UK – are compared in order to assess their potential impacts and restrictive effects on international trade and investment. The variety of approaches used by the contributors reflects the wide differences among national audio-visual systems and offers a rich perspective on how they can be analysed. The lessons drawn from these national case studies are placed in context by up-to-date original analysis of the constraints arising from the WTO system. Scholars and professionals in the audio-visual sector and in international trade negotiations would be interested in the issues discussed in the book, given their importance in shaping the institutional environment of cultural and economic activities in the audio-visual sector.
Volume pubblicato nell'ambito del programma di ricerca sull'interazione tra governance globale, regionalismo e sistemi economici nazionali condotto dall'Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI) e dall'Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung di Amburgo (HWWA).
Dati bibliograficiCheltenham/Northampton, Elgar, marzo 2005, x, 296 p.
1-84376-807-0 ; 978-1-84376-807-4
List of contributors
1. Introduction, Paolo Guerrieri and P. Lelio Iapadre
2. French audio-visual policy: impact and compatibility with trade negotiationsm, Emmanuel Cocq and Patrick Messerlin
3. Competition, cultural autonomy and global governance: the audio-visual sector in Germany, Grischa Perino and Gunther G. Schulze
4. Audio-visual policies and international trade: the case of Italy, Simona Andreano and P. Lelio Iapadre
5. The case of the UK audio-visual system, Gillian Doyle and Matthew Hibberd
6. Canada - Audio-visual policies: impact on trade, Keith Acheson and Christopher Maule
7. The audio-visual sector in Egypt, Ahmed Farouk Ghoneim
8. Audio-visual policies and international trade: the case of India, Arpita Mukherjee
The Multilateral Context
9. WTO rules in the audio-visual sector, Americo Beviglia-Zampetti