Transatlantic Security Symposium - 12. ed.
The 12th edition of IAI's Transatlantic Symposium took place on 5 November 2020. The event was held online due to travel and convening restrictions imposed by governments across Europe and the US to curb covid-19 infections. The webinar - The Aftermath. Rethinking Transatlantic Relations in light of the Covid-19 Pandemic - was attended, as usual, by US and European experts as well as the heads or senior members of the Policy Planning Units of the foreign ministries of France, Germany, Italy and the UK, as well as the EU and NATO. The debate focused on both domestic and systemic trends engendered or accelerated by the covid-19 pandemic. The participants also reflected on how the transatlantic implications of the US presidential election.
The Symposium 2020 was a joint event by IAI and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik (DGAP), organised in cooperation with the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Compagnia di San Paolo, the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (Rome Office) and the US Embassy to Italy. While the webinar debate was confidential, a number of papers were circulated before the event as background material. Revised versions of the papers will be published as IAI Papers.
- Hans Kundnani, Europe after the Coronavirus: A "Return of the State"?
- Anthony Gregory, 2020: The American Revolution that Wasn’t
- Éric André Martin, COVID-19 Reveals Europe’s Strategic Loneliness
- Barbara Keys, COVID-19 and the Foreign Policy Perceptions of US Public and Elites
- Riccardo Alcaro and Nathalie Tocci, The European Union in a COVID World
- Emma Ashford, The Aftermath: American Power after COVID-19
- Claudia Schmucker, The Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on US and European Commitment to the Multilateral Economic Order
- Susan Corke, COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery: If the US and Europe Find the Will, Multilateralism Is the Way
Transatlantic Security Symposium - 14. ed.leggi tutto
Transatlantic Security Symposium - 13. ed.leggi tutto
COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery: If the US and Europe Find the Will, Multilateralism Is the Wayleggi tutto