Peace-, Institution- and Nation-Building in the Mediterranean and the Middle East. Tasks for Transatlantic Cooperation
Proceedings of the international conference on "Peace-, Institution- and Nation-Building in the Mediterranean and the Middle East", held in Rome on 4-5 July 2003 within the framework of the IAI research programme "Transatlantic Perspectives across the Mediterranean", sponsored by the German Marshall Fund of the United States and the NATO Office for Information and Press.
DetailsRoma, Istituto Affari Internazionali, December 2003, 93 p.
1. Democracy in the Arab Countries and the West, Roberto Aliboni and Laura Guazzone
2. Promoting Economic and Political Reconstruction in the Middle East: Room for EU-US Cooperation?, Tim Niblock
3. Nation-building in the Greater Middle East: The View from Washington, Marina Ottaway
4. Palestinian Authority Reform: A Key Ingredient to Peace Diplomacy, Mohammed S. Dajani
5. Third Party Intervention in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, Jarat Chopra
Appendix 1 - Peace-, Institution- and Nation-Building in the Mediterranean and the Middle East, A Conference Report, Rome, 4-5 July 2003
Appendix 2 - Activities of the IAI project on Transatlantic Perspectives on Relations across the Mediterranean border