Head of IAI programme “EU, politics and institutions" and Institutional relations manager, Nicoletta Pirozzi works mainly on EU governance, policy and institutional developments in CFSP/CSDP, civilian crisis management, EU relations with the United Nations and the African Union. She is Adjunct Professor at the Department of Political Science of “Roma Tre” University and Associate Analyst at the EU Institute for Security Studies (EU-ISS) in Paris. In 2012, she has served as Seconded National Expert at the European External Action Service (EEAS) in Brussels. Previously, she has been research fellow in the European Foreign and Security Policy Studies Programme and visiting fellow at EU-ISS. In 2005-2006, she was Project Officer responsible for the Responding to Conflict programme area at the International Security Information Service (ISIS) Europe in Brussels. She also collaborated with the Italian Permanent Representation to the EU and the European Parliament in Brussels. She graduated in Political Science at the University of Pisa and at the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna in Pisa. She also obtained an MSc Degree in European Political and Administrative Studies from the College of Europe (Bruges) and a Ph.D. in Institutions and Politics from the Catholic University in Milan.
- 13/11/2018 - press Haaretz - Pirozzi, Darnis: after U.S. midterms, the next clash between democracy and populism will be in Europe
- 20/09/2018 - press Government Europa - Pirozzi: Security and European crisis management
- 13/09/2018 - press Al Jazeera - Pirozzi: EU parliament voted against Hungary
- 02/06/2018 - audio BBC World Service Radio - Pirozzi: Italy's Populist Future
- 01/06/2018 - audio BBC World Service Radio - Pirozzi: Italy's Populist Future
- 29/05/2018 - video BBC World News - Pirozzi: Italy's political crisis
- 16/11/2016 - video Atlantic Voices - Pirozzi: Can we consider Africa an important actor of the Atlantic region?
- 19/09/2016 - audio BBC World Service Radio - Pirozzi: UN Focuses on Refugees
- 16/02/2015 - press Bloomberg - Pirozzi: Italy Mulls Intervention in Libya to Halt Islamic State