Nicoletta Pirozzi is Head of Programme on European Union and Institutional Relations Manager at the Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI). She works mainly mainly on EU governance, policy and institutional developments in CFSP/CSDP, civilian crisis management, EU relations with the United Nations and the African Union. She is the Scientific Coordinator of the Horizon 2020 project EU IDEA – Integration and Differentiation for Effectiveness and Accountability. From 2013 to 2019, she was Adjunct Professor at Roma Tre University. In 2018, she was Associate Analyst at the EU Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) in Paris and Marshall Memorial Fellow. In 2012, she served as Seconded National Expert at the European External Action Service (EEAS). She is author and editor of a number of publications, and an active member of various research associations and institutions. She is also member of IAI’s Steering Committee and Executive Committee, and of the Scientific Board of the on-line journal AffarInternazionali. She graduated in Political Science at the University of Pisa and at the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies. She also obtained an MSc Degree in European Political and Administrative Studies from the College of Europe (Bruges) and a Ph.D. in Institutions and Politics from the Catholic University in Milan.
- 13/11/2018 - press Haaretz - Pirozzi, Darnis: After U.S. Midterms, the Next Clash Between Democracy and Populism Will Be in Europe
- 20/09/2018 - press Government Europa - Pirozzi: Security and European crisis management
- 13/09/2018 - press Al Jazeera - Pirozzi: EU parliament voted against Hungary
- 02/06/2018 - audio BBC World Service Radio - Pirozzi: Italy's Populist Future
- 01/06/2018 - audio BBC World Service Radio - Pirozzi: Italy's Populist Future
- 29/05/2018 - video BBC World News - Pirozzi: Italy's political crisis
- 16/11/2016 - video Atlantic Voices - Pirozzi: Can we consider Africa an important actor of the Atlantic region?
- 19/09/2016 - audio BBC World Service Radio - Pirozzi: UN Focuses on Refugees
- 16/02/2015 - press Bloomberg - Pirozzi: Italy Mulls Intervention in Libya to Halt Islamic State