Nathalie Tocci is Director of the Istituto Affari Internazionali, Honorary Professor at the University of Tübingen, and Special Adviser to EU HRVP Federica Mogherini, on behalf of whom she wrote the European Global Strategy and is now working on its implementation, notably in the field of security and defence.
Previously she held research positions at the Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels, the Transatlantic Academy, Washington and the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Florence.
Her research interests include European foreign policy, conflict resolution, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
Her major publications include: Framing the EU's Global Strategy, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (author); The EU, Promoting Regional Integration, and Conflict Resolution, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (co-editor); Turkey and the European Union, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015 (co-author); Multilateralism in the 21st Century, Routledge, 2013 (co-editor), Turkey’s European Future: Behind the Scenes of America’s Influence on EU-Turkey Relations, New York University Press, 2011 (author); and The EU and Conflict Resolution, Routledge, 2007 (author).
Nathalie is the 2008 winner of the Anna Lindh award for the study of European Foreign Policy.
- 09/07/2019 - press Financial Times - Nathalie Tocci: the Josep Borrel agenda
- 09/07/2019 - video CNN - Nathalie Tocci: the Iran crisis and the difficult Eu position
- 08/07/2019 - press The CS monitor - Nathalie Tocci: Europe diffusing goodness to the rest of the world through its soft power tools
- 03/07/2019 - press Il Politico - Tocci: Get ready for a strong Eu
- 02/07/2019 - press The Wall Street journal - Nathalie Tocci: EU Leadership Nominees Share Tough Stances on Tech, Trade
- 18/06/2019 - press Politico - Tocci: Top EU adviser blames US for Iran tensions
- 14/06/2019 - press New York Times - Tocci: US's policy was having the predictable effect of weakening moderates in Iran
- 14/06/2019 - press openDemocracy - Tocci: An autonomous Europe for a cooperative world
- 28/05/2019 - press Politico - Tocci: How Italy lost the European election
- 20/05/2019 - press The Atlantic - Tocci: Macron is portraying himself as a European leader of the Europeanist front
- 09/05/2019 - press Politico: Alcaro, Tocci: Europe can still save the Iran nuclear deal?
- 08/05/2019 - press Lobe Log: Alcaro, Tocci: 22 European Security Experts Call on US to Rejoin Iran Deal
- 02/04/2019 - press Financial Times - Tocci: Nato at 70: Europe fears tensions will outlast Trump
- 27/02/2019 - press Xinhua - Nelli Feroci and Tocci: Italy's foreign policy in 2019
- 15/02/2019 - press Judy Dempsey's Strategic Europe - Tocci: American Value and European Values
- 11/02/2019 - press Bloomberg - Tocci: Italy Taps a Simmering Resentment of the French in Diplomatic Feud
- 30/01/2019 - press New York Times - Tocci: The Messier Brexit Gets, the Better Europe Looks
- 17/01/2019 - press New York Times - Tocci: Amid Brexit Chaos, E.U. Sees a 'Catastrophic Success'
- 18/12/2018 - video Journal of Contemporary European Research - Tocci: European Security in the 21st Century
- 27/09/2018 - press Bloomberg - Tocci: Italy's government faces first big test of unity
- 1 of 4
- next ›