Nathalie Tocci is Director of the Istituto Affari Internazionali and Honorary Professor at the University of Tübingen. She is Special Advisor to EU High Representative and Vice President of the Commission Josep Borrell. As Special Advisor to HRVP Federica Mogherini she wrote the European Global Strategy and worked on its implementation. She has been a member of Eni's Board of Directors since May 2020.
Previously she held research positions at the Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels, the Transatlantic Academy, Washington and the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Florence.
Her research interests include European foreign policy, conflict resolution, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
Her major publications include: Framing the EU's Global Strategy, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (author); The EU, Promoting Regional Integration, and Conflict Resolution, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (co-editor); Turkey and the European Union, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015 (co-author); Multilateralism in the 21st Century, Routledge, 2013 (co-editor), Turkey’s European Future: Behind the Scenes of America’s Influence on EU-Turkey Relations, New York University Press, 2011 (author); and The EU and Conflict Resolution, Routledge, 2007 (author).
Nathalie is the 2008 winner of the Anna Lindh award for the study of European Foreign Policy.
European Vision and Ambition Needed: Italy and Germany Must Promote a Global EU Response to COVID-19
- 11/07/2020 - press The Wall Street Journal - Tocci: Crackdown Imperils Western Efforts to Reduce Russia’s Sway in Belarus
- 10/06/2020 - press Politico - Tocci: The Western Balkans belong with Europe
- 27/05/2020 - press The Washington Post -Tocci: E.U. proposes $825 billion coronavirus rescue plan giving Brussels power to raise money for first time
- 27/05/2020 - press RoyalCentral - Tocci: The King and Queen of Spain join experts looking at global impact of COVID-19
- 19/05/2020 - press The New York Times - Tocci: One Crisis Too Many: How the Coronavirus Pushed Germany to Shift Course
- 06/05/2020 - press Politico - Tocci: The Western Balkans belong with Europe
- 03/05/2020 - press The Financial Times - Tocci: Allegations of doctored films fuel concerns about Beijing propaganda
- 01/05/2020 - press Africa Daily News - Tocci: Vers un nouveau partenariat Afrique-Europe après la crise de Corona – Africadaidly
- 30/04/2020 - press EurActiv - Tocci: Towards a new Europe-Africa partnership after the Corona crisis
- 29/04/2020 - press Politico - Tocci: The World After Coronavirus
- 28/04/2020 - press The Washington Post - Tocci: The World Doesn't want to pick between US and China
- 28/04/2020 - press La Razon - Tocci: La gente tiene miedo, está desorientada y acaba apoyando al Gobierno, sea cual sea el color
- 26/04/2020 - audio A Vivir - Tocci: A vivir que son dos días, puntata del 26/04/2020 mattina
- 19/04/2020 - press El País - Tocci: La carrera por anticipar el mundo de mañana
- 16/04/2020 - press The National Interest - Tocci: Will Coronavirus Kill the European Union?
- 15/04/2020 - press The New York Times - Tocci: Coronavirus Has Lifted Leaders Everywhere. Don’t Expect That to Last.
- 11/04/2020 - video BBC News - Tocci: The documentary podcast, 'Coronavirus and Europe'
- 11/04/2020 - press The Philadelphia Inquirer - Tocci: Coronavirus could lead to breakup of European Union, leaders warn
- 11/04/2020 - press The Guardian - Tocci: Coronavirus, who will be winners and losers in new world order?
- 09/04/2020 - press Politico - Tocci: How coronavirus will upturn the global order
- 1 of 7
- next ›