Nathalie Tocci is Director of the Istituto Affari Internazionali and Honorary Professor at the University of Tübingen. She is Special Advisor to EU High Representative and Vice President of the Commission Josep Borrell. As Special Advisor to HRVP Federica Mogherini she wrote the European Global Strategy and worked on its implementation. She has been a member of Eni's Board of Directors since May 2020.
Previously she held research positions at the Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels, the Transatlantic Academy, Washington and the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Florence.
Her research interests include European foreign policy, conflict resolution, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
Her major publications include: Framing the EU's Global Strategy, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (author); The EU, Promoting Regional Integration, and Conflict Resolution, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (co-editor); Turkey and the European Union, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015 (co-author); Multilateralism in the 21st Century, Routledge, 2013 (co-editor), Turkey’s European Future: Behind the Scenes of America’s Influence on EU-Turkey Relations, New York University Press, 2011 (author); and The EU and Conflict Resolution, Routledge, 2007 (author).
Nathalie is the 2008 winner of the Anna Lindh award for the study of European Foreign Policy.
- 04/05/2021 - press Bahrain News Agency - Tocci: Bahraini Ambassador meets with Director of Italy’s Institute of International Affairs
- 26/04/2021 - press Financial Times - Tocci: How Draghi’s Italy became ‘model European’
- 21/04/2021 - press Carnegie Europe - Tocci: Judy Asks: Should NATO Admit Ukraine?
- 25/03/2021 - video PBS NewsHour - Tocci: Amid third wave, European Union running behind as vaccine rollout faces challenges
- 24/03/2021 - press World Politics Review - Tocci: More ‘Wolf Warrior’ Diplomacy, Please
- 23/03/2021 - video Bloomberg - Tocci: E.U. to Abolish All Country Exemptions for Vaccine Export Curbs
- 12/03/2021 - press The New York Times - Tocci: Europe Struggles to Defend Itself Against a Weaponized Dollar
- 07/03/2021 - press Financial Times - Tocci: Mario Draghi makes his mark with vaccine embargo
- 26/02/2021 - press Internationale Politik - Tocci: Drei Fragen an... Nathalie Tocci
- 18/02/2021 - video Cnn - Tocci: The challenges of reviving the Iran Deal
- 04/02/2021 - press Deutsche Welle - Tocci: Mission Impossible in Moskau
- 08/01/2021 - audio World politics review - Tocci: To Act Alone When Necessary’: Nathalie Tocci on European Strategic Autonomy
- 08/01/2021 - press Bloomberg - Tocci: Europe’s Contested Deal With China Sends Warning to Joe Biden
- 28/12/2020 - press Le Grand Continent - Tocci: Relations transatlantiques et défis mondiaux
- 13/11/2020 - press Financial Times - Tocci: Europe’s Biden-deniers suggest Trump’s political legacy can live on
- 13/11/2020 - press Politica Exterior - Tocci: Autonomía europea y vínculo transatlántico: dos caras de la misma moneda
- 13/11/2020 - video PBS - Tocci: Perspectives on Biden's win from Italy, Jordan and China
- 10/11/2020 - audio EU Scream - Tocci: Europe On A Power Trip
- 09/11/2020 - press The Guardian - Tocci: Russia and China silence speaks volumes as leaders congratulate Biden
- 08/11/2020 - press Dpa International - Tocci: Friends again? Europe looks to Biden to repair transatlantic ties
- 1 of 9
- next ›