Nathalie Tocci is Director of the Istituto Affari Internazionali and Honorary Professor at the University of Tübingen. She has been Special Adviser to EU HRVP, on behalf of whom she wrote the European Global Strategy and worked on its implementation, notably in the field of security and defence.
Previously she held research positions at the Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels, the Transatlantic Academy, Washington and the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Florence.
Her research interests include European foreign policy, conflict resolution, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
Her major publications include: Framing the EU's Global Strategy, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (author); The EU, Promoting Regional Integration, and Conflict Resolution, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (co-editor); Turkey and the European Union, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015 (co-author); Multilateralism in the 21st Century, Routledge, 2013 (co-editor), Turkey’s European Future: Behind the Scenes of America’s Influence on EU-Turkey Relations, New York University Press, 2011 (author); and The EU and Conflict Resolution, Routledge, 2007 (author).
Nathalie is the 2008 winner of the Anna Lindh award for the study of European Foreign Policy.
- 03/04/2020 - press The Washington Post - Tocci: European leaders warn coronavirus could lead to the breakup of their union
- 01/04/2020 - press The Guardian - Tocci: Coronavirus could be final straw for EU, European experts warn
- 01/04/2020 - video Arte TV- Tocci: Covid-19: Rom erwartet Hilfe aus Brüssel
- 31/03/2020 - video France24 - Tocci: Coronavirus in Italy: has the governement been acting in a reasonable way?
- 29/03/2020 - press The Guardian - Tocci: US awol from world stage as China tries on global leadership for size
- 27/03/2020 - press The Washington Post - Tocci: In coronavirus clash with China, Trump chooses name-calling over leadership
- 25/03/2020 - press Financial Times - Tocci: Russia sends Italy coronavirus aid to underline historic ties
- 23/03/2020 - press Bloomberg - Tocci: Putin Flies Help to Virus-Stricken Italy, Exploiting EU Fumble
- 15/03/2020 - press New York Times - Tocci: Europeans Erect Borders Against Coronavirus, but the Enemy Is Already Within
- 13/03/2020 - press Financial Times - Tocci: Italy wonders where Europe’s solidarity is as coronavirus strains show
- 12/03/2020 - press Bloomberg - Tocci: Europe Blindsided by Travel Ban Trump Failed to Brief Allies On
- 10/02/2020 - press Politico - Tocci: Europe needs boots on the ground in Libya
- 16/01/2020 - press The New York Times - Tocci: "Europe’s Gamble: Can It Save Iran Deal by Threatening to Kill It?"
- 08/01/2020 - press Politico - Tocci: "What Europe can do in Iran. Three ways the Continent can respond to escalation in Middle East."
- 03/01/2020 - press The New York Times - Tocci: "Suleimani’s Gone, and the Iran Nuclear Deal May Be Next"
- 17/12/2019 - press EWB - Tocci: "It is up to supporters of enlargement to win the debate on the reform"
- 08/12/2019 - press The Guardian - Tocci: "Josep Borrell: can EU’s new diplomat- in-chief strengthen bloc’s global standing?"
- 17/10/2019 - press Belgrade Security Forum - Tocci: "Eu enlargement: Playing it safe next time around"
- 14/10/2019 - press European Leadership Network - Tocci: ELN Contact Group Statement on Stereotyping and Dialogue
- 10/10/2019 - press Politico - Tocci:" As the US retreats from Middle East, Europe can no longer hide in its shadow"
- 1 of 6
- next ›