Marco Magnani has been living for more than 30 years between the United States and Italy, He teaches International Economics and also Monetary and Financial Economics at LUISS University and is Senior Research Fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
He worked for 20 years in Investment Banking: at JPMorgan in New York and Mediobanca in Milan. He is currently a member of several Scientific Committees and Board of Directors, as independent.
Appointed in 2010 Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum of Davos. Member of Global Agenda Council on Banking&Capital Markets, Advisory Board of Columbia University Committee on Global Thought, Board of Trustees of AFS International in New York, Visiting Fellow at the School of Advanced International Studies of Johns Hopkins in Washington, DC.
Holds a degree in Economics from the University of Rome and an MBA in Finance from Columbia University. He is an AFS and a Jona scholar. Has completed programs in leadership and public policies at the Harvard Kennedy School, the Jackson Institute for Global Affairs at Yale University and the Lee-Kuan-Yew School of Public Policy in Singapore.
His publications include:
● L’onda perfetta. Cavalcare il cambiamento senza esserne travolti, Luiss University Press, 2020
● “Come cambiano il mondo e l’economia dopo il coronavirus: economia internazionale, commercio, investimenti e banche centrali”, in Andrea Ferrazzi (a cura di), Il mondo che(ri)nasce. La nostra vita dopo la pandemia, Rubbettino, 2020
● Fatti non foste a viver come robot. Crescita, lavoro, sostenibilità: sopravvivere alla rivoluzione tecnologica, UTET, 2020
● Terra e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Scuola, ricerca, ambiente, cultura, capitale umano: quando l’impresa investe nel territorio, UTET, 2016
● Creating Economic Growth. Lessons for Europe, Palgrave Macmillan, 2014
● Sette anni di vacche sobrie. Come sarà l’Italia del 2020? Sfide e opportunità di crescita per sopravvivere alla crisi, UTET, 2014