Jean-Pierre Darnis is scientific advisor at IAI. He is associate professor at the University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis and coordinates their masters degree programme in “Languages and International Affairs - France-Italy relations”. He is head of IAI's new “Tech-Rel” programme (Technology & International Relations) which explores the policy challenges of new technologies and how they are changing and impacting global society. He has also developed specific research projects at IAI on Italy-France relations. Previously head of the IAI “Security, Defence, Space” programme at IAI, he has held teaching positions at the École Militaire Supérieure, the University of Saint Etiennne, LUISS University in Rome, Sciences Po and the Nato Defence College. He was the recipient of a fellowship from ISPI in Milan and won a post doctoral Lavoisier fellowship from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He earned his degree from the University of Toulouse and spent a period abroad at Milan’s Università Cattolica. In 1997 he completed a PhD in Humanities at the University of Paris X Nanterre and in 2012 earned the “habilitation à diriger des recherches” (HDR) at the University of Grenoble-Stendhal. He is a contributor to the Italian newspaper Il Foglio, member of the editorial committee of the journal Cahiers de la Méditerranée and member of the Centre de la Méditerranée Moderne et Contemporaine (CMMC) research unit.
- 07/06/2018 - press Defense News - Marrone, Darnis: Russian ‘advocates’. Italy’s new government unnerves Western allies
- 12/04/2018 - press Le Grand Continent - Darnis: France, Italy and Europe, is it a weak relationship?
- 10/01/2018 - press l'Opinion - Darnis: France-Italie, à l’épreuve des migrants
- 09/05/2017 - press Tasnim News Agency - Silvestri: Trump to undermine Nato and EU
- 15/01/2016 - press Tv5Monde - Darnis: Libye: la méfiance domine entre la France et l'Italie
- 07/01/2016 - press l'Opinion - Darnis: Le pacifisme affiché de Matteo Renzi sous le feu des critiques
- ‹ previous
- 2 of 2