Anja Palm is Junior Researcher in the “EU, politics and institutions” and "Mediterranean and Middle East” programmes at the Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI) where she researches European and Italian external migration policies. In the context of the H2020 project EU-Listco (Europe’s External Action and the Dual Challenges of Limited Statehood and Contested Orders), she is seconded to the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the European External Action Service.
She graduated in Law from the University of Bologna and holds a Transnational Law LL.M. from King’s College London. Before joining IAI she was a trainee at UNHCR and the Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA). She is fluent in English, Italian, German and French.
The Italy-Libya Memorandum of Understanding: The baseline of a policy approach aimed at closing all doors to Europe?
- 06/07/2018 - press Aspenia Online - Palm: EU and immigration, still a power game with no winners
- 08/04/2018 - press Aspenia online - Palm: A French Processing Centre in Niger
- 05/04/2018 - press Bosphorous Migration Studies - How Migration Policies Affected the Italian Elections?
- 13/03/2018 - press The progressive Post - Italy’s Migration Policies Beyond the 2018 Elections
- 03/11/2017 - press Bosphorous Migration Studies - Palm: Stringent Italian efforts on the Mediterranean