Andrea Dessì is a Senior Fellow within IAI’s Mediterranean and Middle East programme and Editorial Director of IAI’s english-language series IAI Commentaries. Andrea is also a Non-Resident Scholar at the Strategic Studies Implementation and Research Centre, Başkent University, Ankara. He has worked extensively on US and European foreign policy towards the Middle East with a particular focus on the diplomatic and military history of the Arab-Israeli conflict, US policy towards Israel and Washington’s alliance frameworks in the Middle East. His research interests include security studies, the geopolitics of the Middle East and the intersection between global and regional trends and developments. Andrea holds a Ph.D. in International Relations from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) with a thesis on the US-Israel relationship during the 1980s. He has worked with IAI since 2011 and has contributed to a number of EU-funded projects and research tasks (FP7 & H2020). With previous experiences in journalism and international non-governmental organizations, Andrea is fluent in English and Italian and holds a working knowledge of Spanish.
Unpredictability in US foreign policy and the regional order in the Middle East: reacting vis-à-vis a volatile external security-provider
- 25/04/2019 - press ILNA: Dessì - US sanctions and Iran
- 20/02/2019 - press The Progressive Post - Dessì: Engaging, not Isolating, Iran is Essential to Middle East Stability
- 04/11/2018 - press Lobe Log - Dessì: Can Europe Salvage a Future for the JCPOA?
- 06/09/2018 - press Xinhua News Agency - Dessì: Italy's Africa strategy focuses on migration
- 11/12/2017 - press The Progressive Post - Dessì: The EU Global Strategy and the Israel-Palestine Conflict: A Last Call for the EU?
- 12/11/2017 - press Al-Fanar Media - Dessì: NYU department cuts ties with Abu Dhabi campus