Job opportunity – Researcher in international political economy
- Position: Researcher
- Type of contract: term contract
- Duration: 1 February 2023 - 31 December 2023, with the possibility of renewal
- Site: Rome, IAI, Via dei Montecatini, 17
- Deadline: 23 December 2022, h. 12.00 CET
The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is hiring a Researcher to work in the Multilateralism and Global Governance Programme with a focus on international political economy:
- International Political Economy
- Technology transformations
- Finance & development
The successful candidate will carry out activities in the Programme including:
- Writing articles, papers, reports and research documents;
- Content editing of documents for publication;
- Collecting sources and producing documentation;
- Coordinating the organisation of seminars and conferences and drafting reports about their results;
- Supporting the coordination of international research groups;
- Participating as a speaker in seminars and conferences;
- Assisting with fundraising and networking of the Programme.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Italian or foreign Master Degree in: international relations, political science, regional studies, diplomatic studies, economy, law
- At least three years of professional experience in research – including Phd experience
- Proficiency in English;
- Familiarity with grant-making initiatives funded by the EU and other public and private entities (e.g. Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent Italian communication and writing skills.
What we are offering
The successful candidate will be offered a term contract lasting from 1 February 2023 to 31 December 2023, with possibility of renewal. The annual offered salary is € 20,900.00 gross paid in equal monthly installments with relative tax and social security deductions as provided by law.
Applications must be submitted by 23 December 2022, 12:00 CET to firstname.lastname@example.org, email object: last name – Rif. ECONOMIA-researcher-2023, attaching the following documents in a pdf format:
- curriculum vitae, including any additional qualifications (eg: PhD - obtained or in progress) or relevant work experience
- list of publications, of which at least one available full-text
- short motivational letter
- signed consent form for the processing of personal data in relation to the GDPR 2016/679 (IT, download).
The candidate may also attach a letter of reference.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview which will take place from 3 January 2023 onwards, in Rome at IAI headquarters, or online (Skype or other platforms).
No phone calls, please.
No communication will be sent to non-selected candidates, whom we thank in advance for their interest.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.
This announcement is addressed to all genders and to people of all ages and all nationalities, according to Italian law.