Job opportunity – Junior Researcher in international political economy and development cooperation
- Position: Junior Researcher
- Type of contract: term contract
- Duration: 1 September 2022 - 31 December 2023, with the possibility of renewal
- Site: Rome, IAI, Via dei Montecatini, 17
- Deadline: 1 July 2022
The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is hiring a Junior Researcher to work in the Multilateralism and Global Governance Programme with a focus on international political economy:
- Issues and perspectives of the global economic cooperation and governance
- Dynamics of national and multilateral finance for development
- Mega-trends in the global economy
The successful candidate will carry out activities in the Programme including:
- Writing articles, papers, reports and research documents;
- Content editing of documents for publication;
- Collecting sources and producing documentation;
- Assisting in the organisation of seminars and conferences and drafting reports about their results;
- Supporting the coordination of international research groups;
- Participating as a speaker in seminars and conferences;
- Assisting with fundraising and networking;
- Coordinating communication about the projects, including the related updating of the website.
Applicants must have the following requirements:
- Italian or foreign Master Degree in: international relations, political science, regional studies, diplomatic studies, economy, law (completed or at an advanced stage following the delivery of the final thesis);
- excellent knowledge of written and spoken English;
- some relevant work experience (which may also include postgraduate and / or internship training);
- outstanding skills in writing policy-oriented texts and reports; publications in English.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Italian;
- Editorial experience for proofreading.
- organizational skills
- ability to hand in deliverables on time
- ability to work in a team
What we are offering
The successful candidate will be offered a term contract lasting from 1 September 2022 to 31 December, 2023, with possibility of renewal. The remuneration foreseen for the above-mentioned contract is € 1,500.00 gross per month.
Applications must be submitted by 1 July2022, 23:59 (CET) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email object: last name – Rif. ECONOMIA-junior-researcher-2022, attaching the following documents in a pdf format:
- curriculum vitae with authorization to process personal data in relation to the GDPR 2016/679; including date of birth, title of the Master's thesis and final grade, relevant work experience (3 pages max)
- motivational letter in English (1 page max)
- possibly up to 2 short publications
- signed consent form for the processing of personal data (IT, download).
The candidate may also attach a letter of reference.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview which will take place from 10 July onwards, in Rome at IAI headquarters, or online (Skype or other platforms).
No phone calls, please.
No communication will be sent to non-selected candidates, whom we thank in advance for their interest.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.
This announcement is addressed to both genders and to people of all ages and all nationalities, according to Italian law.