Job alert - Energy, climate, resources - 2023
- Position: Junior Researcher
- Type of contract: term contract
- Duration : ideally November 2023 - December 2024 (14 months), with possibilities of renewal
- Site: Rome, IAI, Via dei Montecatini, 17
- Deadline: 18 September 2023
The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is hiring a Junior Researcher to work in the Energy, Climate and Resources Programme.
The successful candidate will carry out activities in the Programme including:
- Retrieval of data and sources, and production of documentation;
- Writing articles, papers, reports and research documents
- Contributing to drafting proposals for research project funding
- Contributing to the development of Italian, European and international research projects (support for managing contacts, interviews, etc.);
- Organising and participating in meetings, seminars and conferences
- Organising project activities, managing relations with partners, disseminating results
- Translating and editing IAI documents
- Contributing to IAI communication activities
Applicants must have the following requirements:
- Italian or foreign Master Degree in: economics, political sciences, international and diplomatic relations, development policies, diplomatic studies, engineering, law or other energy-climatic specialisations
- Interest in political/strategic/industrial issues relating to the sectors of climate change, the environment, sustainable development policies, energy security
- Interest in European energy and climate policies
- Interest in the dynamics of the energy markets
- Excellent knowledge of Italian (written and spoken)
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Strong policy-oriented and synthesis writing skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to hand in deliverables on time.
Interest or experience in fundraising and management of tenders and research projects.
What we are offering
The successful candidate will be offered a term contract lasting from November 1st, 2023 to December 31st, 2024, with possibilities of renewal. The remuneration foreseen for the above-mentioned contract range from € 22,400.00 to € 26,600.00 gross - commensurate with the candidate's profile and previous experience - paid in equal monthly installments with relative tax and social security deductions as provided by law.
Applications must be submitted by 18 September 2023, 13:00 (CET) to ecr(at)iai.it (Re: ECR-junior-researcher-2023), attaching (possibly in a single pdf document):
- CV including date of birth, title of the Master's thesis and final grade, any additional qualifications (e.g. PhD), relevant work experience
- motivational letter in English
- any English language certifications
- possible selection of up to 2 publications, one of which in English (possibly one in English)
- signed consent form for the processing of personal data (IT, download).
The candidate may also attach a letter of reference.
No phone calls, please.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, preferably in Rome at IAI headquarters, or online (Skype or other platforms). Interviews will take place from 20 September.
No communication will be sent to non-selected candidates, whom we thank in advance for their interest.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.
This announcement is addressed to both genders and to people of all ages and all nationalities, according to Italian law.