The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is hiring a Researcher to work in the Energy, Climate and Resources Programme.
The successful candidate will carry out activities in the Programme including:
- Writing articles, papers, reports and research documents
- Managing contacts in the framework of national, European and international research projects
- Drafting proposals for research project funding
- Organising and participating in meetings, seminars and conferences
- Translating and editing IAI documents
- Contributing to IAI communication activities
Applicants must have the following requirements::
- Italian or foreign Master Degree in: economics, political sciences, international and diplomatic relations, development policies, diplomatic studies, engineering, law or other energy-climatic specialisations
- Sound knowledge of economic/industrial and political/strategic issues related to the energy, climate and environment sectors, and of sustainable development policies
- At least two years of professional experience in the field of energy, climate and resources in international research centres or think tanks, or relevant work experience (which may include a PhD)
- Excellent knowledge of Italian (written and spoken)
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Strong policy-oriented and synthesis writing skills
- Publications in English on topics related to international politics, economics, energy and climate
- Organisational skills and the ability to hand in deliverables on time.
Experience in the management and administration of EU calls for proposals and research projects is an asset.
The successful candidate will be offered a term contract lasting from July to December 31st, 2021, with strong possibilities of renewal. The remuneration foreseen for the above-mentioned contract is € 1,700.00 gross per month.
Applications must be submitted by 30 June 2021, 23:59 (CET) to work4iai(at)gmail.com (Re: ECR-researcher-2021), attaching (possibly in a single pdf document):
- CV including date of birth, title of the Master's thesis and final grade, any additional qualifications (e.g. PhD), relevant work experience
- motivational letter in English
- any English language certifications
- 2 short publications of which at least one as a single-author and/or a short unpublished scientific contribution.
The candidate may also attach a letter of reference.
No phone calls, please.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in the first week of July, preferably in Rome at IAI headquarters, or online (Skype or other platforms).
No communication will be sent to non-selected candidates, whom we thank in advance for their interest.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.