Riccardo Alcaro is Research Coordinator and Head of the Global Actors Programme of the Istituto Affari Internazionali. His main areas of expertise include transatlantic relations, with a special focus on US and European policies in Europe’s surrounding regions. Riccardo has been a visiting fellow at the Center on the United States and Europe of the Brookings Institution in Washington and a fellow of the EU-wide programme European Foreign and Security Policy Studies (EFSPS). Riccardo holds a PhD from the University of Tübingen. His recent publications include Europe and Iran’s Nuclear Crisis (Palgrave Macmillan 2018) and, as co-editor, The West and the Global Power Shift (Palgrave Macmillan 2016).
Vol. 53, No. 1, March 2018
- 01/07/2018 - press Die Blätter - Alcaro: Italy first, Europe last
- 03/06/2018 - press Tasmin News Agency - Alcaro: Cool minds should prevail, Italian analyst says on efforts to save JCPOA
- 24/05/2018 - press Foreign Policy - Alcaro: Italy needed a Government. It got a circus
- 20/05/2018 - press Nea Selida - Alcaro: The response of the 28 EU members, close between Iran and the US
- 15/05/2018 - press RadioFreeEuropa RadioLiberty - Alcaro: EU's tough choice. Analysts say staying in Iran deal is an option if...
- 10/05/2018 - press Politico - Tocci, Alcaro: How Europe can save the Iran deal
- 09/05/2018 - press Middle East Eye - Europe's difficult route to saving the Iran nuclear deal
- 12/12/2016 - press The Interpreter - Alcaro: Italy, Pressure for popular vote to force electoral law reform
- 26/01/2016 - press Usa Today - Alcaro: Iranian President tours Europe to sign big trade deals
- 15/01/2016 - press Reuters - Alcaro: Renzi's risky criticism of Europe plays to Italian audience
- 22/04/2015 - press Brookings Opinions - Alcaro: The Renzi-Obama summit