Nicola Casarini (PhD, LSE) is Senior Fellow at the Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI) and Visiting Professor at the Graduate Institute in Geneva. He is a non-resident Global Fellow at the Wilson Center in Washington DC. Prior to this, he held positions at the Wilson Center in Washington DC, at the EU Institute for Security Studies in Paris; at Bocconi University in Milan; at the European University Institute in Florence; and at the London School of Economics (LSE).
His research interests focus on the interplay between foreign policy, security studies and regional integration. He has published widely on: EU-China and EU-East Asia relations; Chinese foreign policy; East Asia's security; and transatlantic relations. He is the author of the monograph: Remaking Global Order. The Evolution of Europe-China Relations and its Implications for East Asia and the United States (Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2009); editor of the volume: Brussels-Beijing: changing the game? (Paris, EUISS, 2013) and co-editor of the volume: European Foreign Policy in an Evolving International System. The Road towards Convergence (Basingstoke and New York, Palgrave MacMillan, 2007). He is currently working on a book comparing US and EU approaches to the Asia-Pacific.
His work has appeared - through op-eds, interviews and citations - in (among the others): TIME Magazine, Foreign Affairs, The National Interest, The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Euronews, Xinhua, Project Syndicate, The Diplomat, Asia Times, China Daily, The Japan Times, The Korea Herald, Taipei Times, The Straits Times, South China Morning Post, Le Monde, Deutsche Welle, Il Sole 24 Ore.
Nicola is the founder and director of Orientedworld.com, a global consultancy platform.
Maritime Security and Freedom of Navigation from the South China Sea and Indian Ocean to the Mediterranean
Vol. 51, No. 4, December 2016
- 21/09/2017 - press The Diplomat - Casarini: How Can Europe Contribute to Northeast Asia's Security?
- 07/07/2017 - press China Daily - Casarini: Now China's in the driver's seat
- 22/06/2017 - press China Digital Times - Casarini: China Buying International Silence on Human Rights
- 06/06/2017 - press Foreign Affairs - Casarini: A New Era for EU-China Relations?
- 03/06/2017 - press Beijing Review - Casarini: The Belt and Road Initiative benefits Italian infrastructure
- 20/05/2017 - press CBC News - Casarini: Trump's first foreign trip
- 04/05/2017 - press Real Clear World - Casarini: How Trump Is Reconnecting Europe With China
- 14/02/2017 - press Global Challenges - Casarini: A Sea at the Heart of Chinese National Interest
- 16/11/2016 - audio AgiChina - Casarini: Le nuove relazioni Pechino-Washington
- 26/10/2016 - audio AgiChina - Casarini: Il nuovo corso dei rapporti tra Cina e Filippine
- 25/10/2016 - press L'Indro: Casarini: Cina: si va al rinnovo dei vertici del Partito Comunista
- 25/10/2016 - press The Diplomat - Casarini: The EU Factor in US-China Relations
- 18/07/2016 - press Xinhua - Casarini: Cooperation between Asia and Europe
- 17/05/2016 - video CCTV, World Insight - Casarini: China-EU trade ties
- 25/04/2016 - press World Review - Casarini: Chinese firms spending huge sums on investment abroad
- 04/04/2016 - press Project Syndicate - Casarini: Europe's Renminbi Romance
- 29/03/2016 - press La Vanguardia - Casarini: China redibuja las rutas de la seda
- 03/03/2016 - video CCTV, World Insight - Casarini: Belt & Road
- 11/01/2016 - press China and Greece - Casarini: Issues shaping agenda of Sino-European relations
- 11/01/2016 - press World Review - Casarini: Taiwan elections tempt Beijing to try carrot and stick tactics
- 1 of 2
- next ›