Nathalie Tocci is Director of Istituto Affari Internazionali, Honorary Professor at the University of Tübingen, and Special Adviser to EU HRVP Federica Mogherini, on behalf of whom she wrote the European Global Strategy and is now working on its implementation, notably in the field of security and defence.
Previously she held research positions at the Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels, the Transatlantic Academy, Washington and the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Florence.
Her research interests include European foreign policy, conflict resolution, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
Her major publications include: Framing the EU's Global Strategy, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, forthcoming (author); The EU, Promoting Regional Integration, and Conflict Resolution, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (co-editor); Turkey and the European Union, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015 (co-author); Multilateralism in the 21st Century, Routledge, 2013 (co-editor), Turkey’s European Future: Behind the Scenes of America’s Influence on EU-Turkey Relations, New York University Press, 2011 (author); and The EU and Conflict Resolution, Routledge, 2007 (author).
Nathalie is the 2008 winner of the Anna Lindh award for the study of European Foreign Policy.
Vol. 51, No. 3, September 2016
Interview with Nathalie Tocci on the Global Strategy for the European Union's Foreign and Security Policy
- 08/03/2017 - press Judy Dempsey's Strategic Europe Blog - Judy Asks: Can the EU Ever Be Strategic?
- 18/01/2017 - press Judy Dempsey's Strategic Europe Blog - Judy Asks: Is a Cyprus Deal in Sight?
- 01/12/2016 - press The Progressive Post - Tocci: Foreign policy: No longer a subject of division?
- 17/11/2016 - audio LSE Podcasts - Tocci: Brexit and the EU Global Strategy
- 16/11/2016 - video Atlantic Voices - Tocci: To what extent the Brexit is going to impact the transatlantic security collaboration?
- 27/10/2016 - press Europe’s World - Tocci: Facing the world, together and apart
- 26/09/2016 - audio SBS - Tocci: The EU Global Strategy
- 27/07/2016 - press The National Interest - Tocci: Turkey's Failed Coup: Shades of Gray on Gulen
- 20/07/2016 - press Judy Dempsey's Strategic Europe Blog - Judy Asks: Can Liberalism Return to Turkey?
- 23/03/2016 - press Financial Times - Tocci: Brussels attacks and European security services
- 23/01/2016 - press Politiken - Tocci: Vi har bidraget til det rod, vi står med
- 22/01/2016 - press Politiken - Tocci: EU nedtoner demokrati i ny strategi
- 18/11/2015 - press MSC Monthly Mind - Tocci: The EU's Strategic Reflection on an EU Global Strategy
- 18/11/2015 - press Brookings - Tocci: Europe's refugee crisis: Hospitality and its discontents
- 24/09/2015 - press ECFR - Tocci: European Working Group on Egypt open letter ahead of parliamentary elections
- 21/08/2015 - press Project Syndicate - Tocci: A New Chance for Cyprus
- 08/06/2015 - press Daily Sabah - Tocci: Italian Expert: Prevention of coalitions will provide strong leadership
- 23/03/2015 - video RIA Elcano - Tocci: EU’s policy towards crisis in the Middle East
- 13/03/2015 - press Project Syndicate - Tocci: An EU-Turkey Reset
- 29/01/2015 - press The Journal of Turkish Weekly - Tocci: Turkey and the EU at a Crossroads
- 1 of 2
- next ›