Nathalie Tocci is Director of the Istituto Affari Internazionali, Honorary Professor at the University of Tübingen, and Special Adviser to EU HRVP Federica Mogherini, on behalf of whom she wrote the European Global Strategy and is now working on its implementation, notably in the field of security and defence.
Previously she held research positions at the Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels, the Transatlantic Academy, Washington and the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, Florence.
Her research interests include European foreign policy, conflict resolution, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
Her major publications include: Framing the EU's Global Strategy, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (author); The EU, Promoting Regional Integration, and Conflict Resolution, Springer-Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (co-editor); Turkey and the European Union, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015 (co-author); Multilateralism in the 21st Century, Routledge, 2013 (co-editor), Turkey’s European Future: Behind the Scenes of America’s Influence on EU-Turkey Relations, New York University Press, 2011 (author); and The EU and Conflict Resolution, Routledge, 2007 (author).
Nathalie is the 2008 winner of the Anna Lindh award for the study of European Foreign Policy.
- 17/07/2018 - press Politico - Tocci: EU should keep Turkey close and Erdoğan even closer
- 27/06/2018 - audio Altamar - Tocci: When “The Pond” Becomes an Ocean
- 21/06/2018 - press El País - Tocci: The 'Aquarius' sails from Valencia to return to international waters in front of Libya
- 13/06/2018 - press Politico - Tocci: What’s next for the West?
- 05/06/2018 - video BBC - Tocci: The EU between United States and Russia
- 29/05/2018 - press Tasmin News Agency - Tocci: Any European UN resolution against US JCPOA pullout to fail
- 28/05/2018 - press The Atlantic -Tocci: Spitting in Europe’s face won’t help Italy
- 22/05/2018 - video Bloomberg - Tocci: "No signs that Italy will cut ties with EU"
- 11/05/2018 - audio BBC World Service Radio - Tocci: Europe snaps back at US over Iran deal
- 10/05/2018 - press Politico - Tocci, Alcaro: How Europe can save the Iran deal
- 09/05/2018 - press Financial Times - Tocci: Europeans look to salvage Iran deal without Trump
- 09/05/2018 - press The New York Times - Tocci: Europe, again humiliated by Trump, struggles to defend its interests
- 26/04/2018 - press Carnegie Middle East Center - Tocci: Can the International Community Breathe New Life into the Geneva Process for Syria?
- 23/03/2018 - press Washington Post - Tocci: The Kremlin and who will lead Italy
- 15/03/2018 - press Politico - Nathalie Tocci: Who do I call if I want to call the US?
- 13/03/2018 - press Guardian - Tocci: The level of EU engagement with UK requests for help over Russia
- 08/03/2018 - audio The Chicago Council on global affairs - Tocci: Votes are in. Understanding new Italy and Germany
- 05/03/2018 - video Bloomberg - Tocci: Results in Italy for Berlusconi, Renzi Disappoint
- 17/02/2018 - press Judy Dempsey's Strategic Europe Blog - Judy Asks: Is the West Selling Itself Short?
- 14/02/2018 - press The Security Times - Colombo & Tocci: (Tri)poli-sci. Squaring the triangle of security, migration and state-building in Libya
- 1 of 3
- next ›