Ferdinando Nelli Feroci is president of the IAI. A diplomat from 1972 to 2013, he was Permanent Representative of Italy to the European Union in Brussels (2008-13), Chief of Staff (2006-08) and Director General for European Integration (2004-06) at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Previously, he served in New York at the United Nations, in Algiers, Paris and Beijing. He also served as Diplomatic Counsellor of the Vice President of the Italian Council of Ministers (1998).
In June 2014 he was appointed to the post of European Commissioner in the Commission chaired by Manuel Barroso to replace Antonio Tajani, a position he held until the end of the mandate of the Commission on 1 November 2014.
Formerly a Fellow at the Center for International Affairs, Harvard University (1985-86), and Visiting Professor at the Istituto Universitario Orientale of Naples (1989), he is currently a professor at the School of Government of LUISS, Rome.
He is the author of many articles and essays on international relations, European affairs and political affairs.
- 22/06/2018 - press Xinhua News Agency - Nelli Feroci: Salvini riding migrant issue to become face of Italy's new government
- 06/06/2018 - press Xinhua News Agency - Nelli Feroci: Italy's new "government of change" unlikely to alter most of its foreign relations outside of EU.
- 01/06/2018 - press Express - Nelli Feroci: 'There would be resistance!' EU braces for fight with Italy over budget in face of Brexit
- 01/06/2018 - press Express - Nelli Feroci: 'A terrible mistake!' Former eurocrat tears into Budget Commissioner over Italy comments
- 28/02/2018 - press China Daily - Nelli Feroci: Q&A
- 28/02/2018 - press Xinhua News Agency - Nelli Feroci: Italy's campaign fails to address key issues
- 30/10/2017 - press China Daily - Nelli Feroci: Q&A