The ninth edition of the Transatlantic Security Symposium was held in Rome on 29-30 September 2016 at Italy's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The conference focused on “Europe’s Security Governance and Transatlantic Relations". Around 20 experts and poolicymakers from the US, Europe, and other countries, as well as from NATO and the EU, joined a roughly equivalent number of Italian analysts and officials to discuss the following issues:.
- The Next US President’s View of Europe: Partner, Follower or Liability?
- The Transatlantic Relationship after Brexit
- NATO’s Role in Europe’s Neighbourhood
- The West, Russia and Europe’s Security Order
- Europe, the Mediterranean and the Threat of Jihad.
The initiative was supported by Italy's Ministry fo Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, NATO’s Public Diplomacy Division, the Compagnia di San Paolo, the U.S. Embassy to Italy, the Council for the United States and Italy, and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.