The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome (Italy), is seeking to hire a Researcher responsible for research, reporting and outreach on European affairs, with a particular focus on European integration, EU institutions and member state politics. Expertise on European foreign policy would also be valued.
His/her tasks will include:
- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds;
- Editing papers for publication;
- Organizing seminars and conferences, and writing reports based on these events;
- Supporting the coordinating international research teams and projects;
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures;
- Identifying fundraising opportunities and developing the network of the EU, politics and institutions Programme;
- Updating the IAI website regarding the projects on which the researcher will work.
Qualifications/The ideal candidate should have:
- A Ph.D. or be a PhD candidate with at least three years of professional experience in research;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Fluency or proficiency in Italian;
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic literature and policy debate on European governance issues;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a term contract lasting one year, starting from November 1, 2018.
Annual salary offered is € 18,000.00, gross of tax and social security provided by law.
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to placement(at)iai.it (Rif: Bando-UE-2018). No phone calls, please.
Applications are due by 3 September 2018
Interviews will be held in Rome in the week 17 to 21 September 2018.
Please note that the Selection Board's work and deliberations are strictly confidential.